Friday, June 03, 2011

From the Owldrobe and FOTD: Ode To Summer

That was a pretty short summer. The heat was definitely no fun, but not much sunlight meant not enough time for those fun summer activities. Plus, summer also spelled near-lazy dressing inasmuch as it spelled near-zero makeup. I made an effort in the makeup department on this particular day, though, because I was meeting a friend.

IMG_2814 copy
White lace dress: thrifted
Silver quilted flats: Anthology Shoes

I took to dresses a lot this summer, because it was just too hot for jeans. (It was too hot to do anything.) This dress... is hard to belt. Not sure what kind of belt will go with it, too. It's very pretty but it's a tent dress by nature, and the lace at the bottom belies its true length. I still really like it, though! My mom & I had a favorite seller who would sell her items on a buy-one-take-one basis and for a time we regularly visited her stall on payday weekends. This was one of the many beautiful things I was able to get from her. I haven't paid a visit this year, but that's probably a good thing because I need to downsize my closet.

IMG_3007 copy
IMG_3011 copy

As for the shoes... barring those times when I had nailpolish and therefore license to wear open-toed shoes, I lived in these all summer. They had enough room for movement but they didn't fly off my feet like most flats do, and they're sensible-looking but not too mommy-like. Aaand I just noticed the quilted pattern of the shoes mirrors the pattern on the dress. Awesome.

IMG_2820 copy IMG_2821 copy  
Action shots, haha.

And my FOTD then:

IMG_2848 copy
IMG_2845 copy

I like my cool weather and I look forward to layering again, but yeah, I miss the sun sometimes.

16 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely white dress! So fresh and breezy looking! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very pretty! Love the outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is sooo fast and its back to reality again. I love how this dress can also be layered up with a nice coverup or a vest or can be worn under leggings! The dress suits you very well and it works well with your skin tone! :) I love the FOTD! :)

    http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute set... especially the action shots. kakatuwa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your dress and how you wore it sis, just so effortlessly pretty and young! :)

    ps: ibang klase the action shots ha, parang commercial lng! hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable! Love your makeup as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camille2:28 AM

    Cute post! The first action shot could be used as a header, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, girls! :)

    Iya, yup planning to wear it with (really) opaque leggings for the rainy season. :D Thanks for the coverup/vest idea, I'll give that a shot!

    Camille, never thought of that before! Thanks for the idea :D

    Makee, HI :D haha syempre tuwa naman ako when an iRL (need a better term for this) friend comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. schmexxaayyy shot !:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Salamat 'teh. Glad you're back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:16 PM

    So fresh and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love naman your dress! It's so my style din, where'd you get it? DM me, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute dress!! You look gorgeous. Love your blog! I'm now following :)

    xo//Andrea Marie
    http://peaceloveandreamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to get feedback. Thanks for your comments. :)