Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nice Finds at Parfois

Parfois. When I first read about it I couldn't pronounce the word. I resorted to typing it out in my phone and showing it to the guard with a meek "Kuya, san po 'to?" ("Where is this?"), only to be gestured to a store around twenty feet away. I swallowed my pride, thanked him, and made my way to the entrance.

Photo from their Facebook page. Yeah, I forgot to take an outside pic :(

Parfois is pronounced par-fwa and means "sometimes" in French. Maybe it's a throwback to the fact the store houses trendy head-to-toe accessories that may or may not stand the test of time in terms of style, or sometimes, you just find that one item that makes your heart skip a beat. I know mine did, several times.
IMG_4114 copy
IMG_4171 copy
I was choosing between two sets of earrings (photo 2 & left set in photo 3). I adored the flower ones on both but wasn't sure of the others.

There were so many choices that it was kind of overwhelming. When I thought I found the pair(s) I wanted to get, I'd find a couple others on a different wall or shelf. Liz was Parfois' stylist for the day, however, and she helped me decide on what to get:
IMG_4148 copy
My final choice, Php379

IMG_4119
Liz holding a Parfois bag

Project Vanity readers got a gift from Parfois with any purchase, and mine was a lovely bag! You can bet it'll be lounging with me this weekend--it's perfect for the job.
IMG_4152 copy
After that, I just hung out and found a few more nice things in the process. Photodump commence!
IMG_4120 copy  
IMG_4159 copy 
These shoes reminded me of fireworks for some reason

IMG_4149 copy 
IMG_4165 copy 
Kisslock purses! J'adore. All a little under Php500 if I remember correctly

IMG_4162 copy
This bag is a bit too big, but the turquoise color and embossing was too pretty to ignore.

I'm not diligent in accessorizing. Most days, I just get away with a pair of earrings and a watch if I remember to put one on. The one thing I do bother to tote around, however, is a good scarf or shawl. I get cold easily and my collection of long, thick shawls are my lifelines. I haven't been bringing them around since it's too hot, but I think I found them a shorter, equally luxurious sister while in-store:
IMG_4125 copy IMG_4122 copy
I sigh. Oh, and hello to NYX Chloe on my lips! First time I wore it out.

The scarf is 100% Indian silk and with feathers in two opposite corners. I loved how smooth and light it was! I didn't get it due to budget constraints at the time, though. :( I'm seriously thinking of coming back for it, or finding something similar.
IMG_4157 copy
Liz with stylish girls Joanna and Bianca of Parfois PH

IMG_4172 copy
 Charles showed up near the end!

Thank you to the Parfois team for a nice afternoon! And for tolerating me randomly taking pictures here and there, haha. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a branch further north *hint hint* :) Parfois stores may be found in Glorietta 4, SM Megamall, SM Southmall, and Abreeza Mall in Davao.

11 comments:

  1. The 1st pair of earrings is stunning! Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhlala I'm on a hunt for a turquoise bag to spice up my outfits which consists of basic colors. :) how much is the bag sis if you can still remember? let me know. :)

    http://pastelblueajacket.blogspot.com

    twitter: @pastelbjacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo of you with the green scarf is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got a really nice bag there! go back for the scarf, it looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage, thank you! :) It was hard to let go of that one, haha.

    Iya, if I remember correctly it's a bit over 2k, around 2,100 or 2,200 max. It's a huge bag though, I think you can fit a laptop in it! Let me know if you get it, I'd love to see what you think :)

    Lady E, thank youuu! <3

    Voodoo girl, I'm really considering it. As of this moment I think it's worth the price tag but I'm inclined to look for other options :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i miss u kari! love our last pic :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove Parfois! I wish I could afford the things there though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that green scarf on u sis! did u get it? too bad i missed this meetup :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charles dinner with sina Lori bago ka umalis! :p

    Michelle, I am saving up for that scarf na talaga. :))

    Eenah, sayang talaga! Dami pang natirang gifts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty earrings!!! would drop by in mega soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I like the accessories, especially the first one. This seems like a great store ah. :D

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to get feedback. Thanks for your comments. :)