Monday, February 21, 2011

I fancy an FOTD!

I'm alive! I was in a bit of a lull last week; I'd begin editing an entry for one product or another but lose interest halfway through--or sometimes, before I even added anything new. Try as I might, nothing would come. I realized I shouldn't force myself to write if I didn't feel like it; my entries wouldn't be personal otherwise. I hope to keep on writing about the things I love, and when I'm loving them.

I am inspired to type out this entry because I went to a wedding today, and I did my own makeup. I seldom wear eyeshadow (concealer-and-lipstick type of girl here), so I had to put in a bit of effort for this one.
I just realized that the blending isn't even for both eyes. Goes to show you how much I have to learn! (And good thing no one said anything about it at the wedding...)


Prepping the eye area involved a touch of Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Skinfood's Salmon Darkcircle concealer. All my eyeshadows are Ellana Multipurpose Mineral Powders. Patting motions were used to put Inspiration (golden beige frost) on the lid, while I worked Delicate (taupe brown frost) into the outer V and crease. Honeybunch (pale brownish peach frost) went on the browbone, and Confess (pale rose frost) into the inner corners of the eyes. These were all done using a variety of makeup brushes, both full and travel-sized, from Charm.

I lined my eyes with Maybelline gel liner in brown & used a matte brown eyeshadow from a GWP Lancome palette to set it. Lastly, I used Maybelline's Cat Eyes mascara for my lashes. I tried using a mascara guard from Etude House, but it takes some getting used to! Also, my brows are bare in the picture, but on the way to the church I used In2it's brow kit.

As for the rest of my face:
Skinfood Red Bean BB Cream SPF 20 PA+ was applied using a wedge sponge, followed by NYX Concealer in a Jar in Beige and  in areas that needed a little more help. I got a bit of Ellana Sheer Velvet HD Mineral Finishing Powder in White Chocolate--oy, what a mouthful--to tame down the shine from the BB cream, using my kabuki brush from The Body Shop. You can also see a hint of the mineral blush in Fulfillment from Ellana yet again, which I applied rather sparingly because it's pretty bright. Lastly, I applied NYX's round lipstick in Tea Rose over Mentholatum lip balm.

Aaand that's it. If any of the products I've used (including the brushes) have caught your fancy and you'd like to know more about it, drop me a line in the comments! I have so many drafts of reviews, I'm just not sure where to start. Your feedback would be really helpful. :)

3 comments:

  1. your eyeshadow make-up is not bad, I like it! use your sephora na. hehe


    very simple look for a wedding is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this look - very appropriate for a formal occasion :)

    and i love the mascara & lipstick you used! more tea rose swatches pls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitten, thank you! Hehe the Sephora shadows are my only other powder shadows aside from the ones I used in this FOTD, so yes I am planning to use them very soon! I might have another FOTD up because I'm attending yet another wedding this Saturday :) Or at the very least, swatches!

    Voodoo girl, thank you too! Will work on those reviews. :D Cat Eyes is my most dramatic mascara. Also, I bought 5 different colors of NYX round lipstick, so daming photos! Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to get feedback. Thanks for your comments. :)