Saturday, February 05, 2011

Review: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++

Photo credit: FemaleNetwork

Description: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ (PA+++) is a breakthrough in sun protection. Stabilized with Helioplex, it provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA and burning UVB rays, and combines it with Dry Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. This lightweight sunblock has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
  • Waterproof, sweatproof, resists rub-off
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Oil free and PABA free
Price & Amount: When I bought this, it was a little less than P500 for 3.0 fl. oz. / 88mL. The price has increased in recent times but no more than P550, I think.

Packaging: Matte squeeze-type bottle which is nice to hold. The dispensing hole is a bit big so you have to be careful when squeezing the tube lest you want to deal with projectile blobs of sunblock :)

Review: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch is the answer to my wish for a non-greasy sunblock or sunscreen. The consistency is thicker than the Cetaphil moisturizer I previously reviewed (click here), but spreads easily also. I think it even spreads better than the Cetaphil one, because it absorbs much more quickly. Again, it dries to a non-greasy finish which I absolutely love, though you could still tell/feel that you applied it. Still, the finish for me is more than good enough. :) Its SPF 50+ rating protects you from UVB rays while the PA+++ rating is the highest you can go for UVA ray protection. I use it mostly for my body though I have tried it on my face before and it's comfortable enough. However, I avoid putting too many layers on the face with this sunblock on because it will start to feel heavy. Also, I think it broke me out. :( It has dimethicones in the middle of the ingredient list which may explain why.

Overall, though, I'm very pleased with this sunblock and I'd definitely repurchase. For a facial sunscreen, though, I'm trying out Leyende's Place In The Sun but I'm also interested in Neutrogena Waterlight. Or even Venus & Mars tinted sunblock, which Kira reviewed before. Choices, choices :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I agree. It's hard to stay loyal to one product when there are so many new stuff to try! My fave is still the Skin Hour day cream, I'm on my 2nd 50g tub :)

    But yeah, I like reviewing sunblocks now cos it's almost summer(excited much!). I tried Neutrogena Waterlight before, it's ok but then I get oily kasi in some parts so it's not really for me.

    Are you more interested in tinted sunblocks for the coverage or are you more into the sun protection? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at Skin Hour and Leyende for moisturizers for quite awhile now. Will consider those when my Mineral Flowers one runs out :D And yes, I'm excited for summer also because it means my skin will go back to semi-normal! Dry skin is such a peeve even though I like the cold weather and the excuse to wear cozy shawls.

    I'm more into the sun protection, because the base makeup I currently own do not have SPF, save for a couple of BB creams. I'm also a bit disappointed in the tinted products I've tried so far, one oxidized and the other (Myra) was too glittery and streaky even with another moisturizer underneath. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took your advice and went looking for a Neutrogena sunblock at Watsons last night. I found and bought one but I think it's for the face cause the dispensing hole is small. D: Well, if it's good for the face, it's probably okay for the body, but it's a pretty small bottle for the price. Oh well! Maybe I should check the supermarket next time.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to get feedback. Thanks for your comments. :)